Monday, April 6, 2015

THINK IT OVER is unacceptable.

YES is acceptable.

NO is acceptable.

THINK IT OVER is unacceptable.
.
.
Would you like to become a client?
.
.
"Let me take a quick minute and tell you why I'm here, and then you can decide if we should talk further."
.
.
"Let me take a moment to share how these meetings usually go. We'll meet for about an hour. I'll have a lot of questions for you, and I'm sure you'll have questions for me. At the end of about 40 minutes, we should both know whether there's anything I can do to help you or not. If it turns out we're not a fit, that's okay. If we do agree that I can help you, we'll figure out what that looks like then. Does this make sense?"
.
.
"Thanks for inviting me in." Oh, yes, inviting you in. Who do we invite in? Guests! They're going to treat you better simply by saying this! "I want to take a quick minute and go over what we'll be doing here today. We'll sit down and talk about your business for about an hour. I'll have a lot of questions for you...and I'm sure you'll have questions for me. At the end of our discussion, we'll both know whether or not I can do anything for you; if not, that's all right. Neither of us will be mad at the other. If so, then we'll figure out what that might look like then. Does this make sense?"
.
.
"Has anything changed that I need to know about today?"
.
.
They can ask you to leave the room while they discuss your proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment